July 19, 2004

What is the Value of Life?

As I have stated in another post, I am reluctantly pro-choice. I do not wish to see laws curb abortion; what I want is to gather together with like minded people and make abortion moot via science and social reform. (see here for an earlier post of mine.)

Recent discussions on abortion over the blogsphere have centered on this pathetic excuse for a human being.

(for more discussions go here, and here, and here.)

It horrifies me. I do not understand the mindset of a human being who tosses a child away as if it were no more than an ingrown toenail. Bothering me, out with it! Repugnant.

Yet that kind of thinking exists all over the world. It is the same type of thinking, as one commentator on another blog, that allows Palestinian-Arabs to raise up their children to become bombs, that causes women in Southern India (very horrific, please skip if you are very sensitive) to pour hot soup down their daughters throats and bury them beneath dung.

This total disregard for the value of a human being, these lives that could bring so much wonder into the world---I simply am at a loss to understand how callous the world is.

Two little children will not be, not because their mother's pyschical or psychological health was endangered, not because she could barely scrape together enough money to buy bread, but because she just didn't want to "....start shopping only at Costco and buying big jars of mayonnaise." ie, she just didn't want to.


|


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?