July 14, 2004

Looks Like my Daughter

Will be staying home from camp today. I know, sounds silly over a sunburn; but she is in a lot of pain, and I think it might be better if she had little or nothing to do with the sun today. Even if she does't go out during free time she still has to walk up there and back, and back would be during the hottest part of the day. So I was actually thinking she should stay home, even before she asked (at 5:30 this morning. She didn't wake me, I was downstairs already awake, and she was asleep on the couch.)

Meanwhile, my five is in a joyous mood, twirling about happily, showing off the dress she just inherited from her sister. Sister is a little glum on having been dispossessed, but the dress was short on her. It is on the longish side for my five, but that means it will have a few years wear.

And yes, my 10 is that small, that a dress of hers could fit her 5 year old sister.

All my children are small, but E is the smallest of the bunch, relatively. When she was younger she was off the charts totally; she kept her own curve, following the norm, but way below it.

One reason I'm worried about her recent signs of approaching puberty is that I want her to be at least my height (5'1"). Currently she is about the size of the average 8 year old--both the smallest and the oldest of her class. I know what that is like as that was my life history, and I'm a bit afraid she won't clear 5'. I don't know why that is so important to me but it is; and I know, there really isn't a thing I could do about it short of growth hormones, which I wouldn't use unless the situation were drastic.

Not a pressing issue in the world picture I know, but important to me.



|


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?