July 30, 2004

Another Teen

Another knife. I was taking a break from Shabbat preparations (okay, yes I do take too many of those) and reading the Jerusalem Post, skimming through the In Jerusalem section and I see, in the City Notes page a headline
PALESTINIAN TEEN WITH KNIFE ARRESTED.
(I'd give you a link but I can't find it online. If someone finds it, tag me please!) Okay, Rachel Ann is still standing. This is no longer news. Then I read the article; it is only two sentences. The teen was 13, he is armed with a kitchen knife, and his plan? Stab a policeman at the checkpoint.

I don't know why I'm upset. In March they caught a ten year olds with a bomb strapped to him. Maybe it is just because I think kids that are ten and thirteen should be playing, oh, I don't know, football (soccer) maybe? Catch with their dads?

Then there was a 17 year old stabbed in a brawl. I know, I know, this has been going on for years. It just makes me ill.


|


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?