June 03, 2004

Pity Party

For my leg; my knee to be exact; intermittently for the last year I have had pain in the knee area, worse these last few months. I have been trying the tried and true, warm baths and aspirin if it really gets bad, but that didn't seem to be enough. There were days when a short walk really meant a lot of pain.

My family finally convinced me to see the doctor. X-rays, blood work, and a revisit to the doctor to find out 1)there are some minor structural changes to the knee, probably age related 2)my blood work shows there may be a tendency to inflammation (arthritis) at some point, but no inflammation now. 3) see a sports doctor.

Basically exercise, how best to do my work (house cleaning, and taking care of the autistic girl) and analgesic for the pain when it flares up.

THIS is going to cost us. There is someone on the yishuv who is an osteopath can help me but it costs, and we aren't rolling in money, not by a long shot. But I'm tired of not being able to walk up the stairs without tears... yes it can hurt that much and I'm not a baby when it comes to pain.

And it all makes me feel as if I'm back to square one without much hope of getting anywhere else; I mean yes there are probably exercises that I can do that will help, and some dos and don'ts etc. etc. but the answer really seems to be that I'm just going to have to live with this.

oh well




|


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?